HR Trainee, Summer Recruitment Project in Krakow/ UPM
Are you interested in Human Resources? Have you been thinking about gaining international work experience? Our internship in UPM’s Global HR Service Center in Kraków, Poland may be just the opportunity for you!
We are now looking for HR Trainees to join our fantastic Summer Recruitment project for the year 2020! UPM’s HR Service Center in Kraków offers a wide range of administrative HR services for UPM operations all over the world. This position is an excellent vantage point into a large, global company.
You will have a unique opportunity to participate in the biggest annual project at UPM’s HR Service Center. The Summer Recruitment team handles nearly 10 000 applications and hires around 1 000 summer workers to UPM during springtime. The project involves all the UPM locations around Finland. The Summer Recruitment -project begins already in late 2019 and your assignment will begin in January 2020.
Poland, with its fast growing economy, is an excellent place to gain international work experience. People from all over the world come to Kraków, the vibrant historical, cultural and business capital of South Poland.
Greetings from our Summer Recruitment 2019 Trainee
“During my internship in the Summer Recruitment team at UPM, I was given a variety of different tasks and a lot of freedom to do them. The project is a great dive into the world of HR, especially recruiting. The tasks are challenging, but I could always turn to my colleagues for advice and I never felt alone with any problems. I felt like I was truly contributing to the project and would definitely recommend the internship in the Summer Recruitment team. The colleagues here in Kraków are great and the atmosphere in the workplace is truly one of a kind. After my internship in the springtime I was also given the opportunity to continue working here in the Service Center over the summer!” – Ville Niemelä, HR Junior Specialist
What you’ll do as a trainee in the project?
- Assist our Summer Recruitment team in their daily tasks
- Support our local UPM employees in Finland with system related problems
- Handle applications and applicants inquiries
- Participate in candidate selections for interviews and support in arranging them
- Other tasks depending on your skills and the project’s needs
Do you have what it takes?
- You are fluent in Finnish and have an excellent command of English, both spoken and written
- You are a student in a relevant field of studies – also students in the beginning of their studies are welcome to apply!
- You are interested in HR and eager to learn how summer recruitment is facilitated on an exceptionally large scale
- You can systematically approach a high volume of diverse assignments and handle competing priorities
- You demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail
- You are able to work effectively and cooperatively as part of our amazing project team
What we offer?
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company’s values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
- Comprehensive onboarding: We systematically provide you with the knowledge and skills you need to perform and feel like a part of the team.
We offer you a temporary internship position from January 2020 to May 2020. The beginning and the end of the internship can be adjusted. We will support you with your relocation to Kraków, also accommodation and internship compensation is provided. In addition we advise looking into possible funding options at your university or other organizations in your field.
Please apply with your CV and cover letter attached via the link by 31st of July, 2019.
Please submit your application as soon as possible, as we review applications continuously. We will also be conducting preliminary phone interviews already during the application period.
For further queries regarding the position please contact Team Leader Meri Sievä, , +48 795 555 096.
Please note that we are also looking for HR Trainees for our Finnish team from beginning of January 2020. Read more and apply here.