Analyst Trainee – Innovestor Ventures
Innovestor Ventures is looking for an Analyst Trainee to help build deal flow and source investment opportunities. As an Analyst Trainee, you will be working closely with our Head Analyst on our new Industrial Technology fund focusing on deal flow from the Nordic & Baltic region. The position is part-time (15-30h/week) and fixed-term until 30.6.2021. You will mainly work at our Helsinki office, but you also have the possibility of remote work.
Your tasks include:
- Sourcing and screening investment opportunities in the Nordics & Baltics and assisting the team in evaluating the potential of opportunities.
- Mapping and researching industry verticals across target geographies to identify attractive markets and companies.
- Helping with building a more data-driven approach to managing our network and deal flow.
- Meeting startups and networking in the startup community (events, meetups, etc.)
- And any other suitable tasks
We are looking for:
- Relevant university studies for example within the business, engineering or similar fields with an excellent academic track record
- Analytical and business-oriented mindset with a hands-on and independent attitude
- Effective communicator with the ability to articulate ideas accurately and concisely
- Fluency in Finnish and English (Fluency in other Nordic & Baltic languages is considered a plus)
- Advanced skills in Excel & PowerPoint
- Previous experience from relevant positions considered advantageous (e.g. startups, business development and strategic consulting) but not a prerequisite.
Type: Fixed-term (until 30.6.21)
Preferred background: 3rd – 5th year of studies
Work hours: 15-30 hours per week
Starting date: As soon as possible
Location: Aleksanterinkatu 46 C, Helsinki
Application deadline: 20.10.2020